Monday, May 21, 2012

Sorry!


Dad and I ended our afternoon together playing Sorry.  It's relaxing for him. It's relaxing for me.  It's a game he's always eager to play, and it's a game he is good at.  He won (again!) today.  I think he likes all the numbers and counting spaces.  I'm surprised that he remembers so many of the little rules for certain numbers  - - - like you can only leave "start" with a 1 or a 2.  A 10 means you move forward 10 or backward 1.  Things like that.  It's the same game board my brother and I played on in the 1970's . . . mostly with Grandma Bo.  I don't EVER remember playing it with my dad.  He was more of a Monopoly guy.  It was nice to end our day together like this - - - more as equals, than me directing him on what to do next, or telling him that, I can't see  anyone sitting on the couch. Joy came at the end of the day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment