Monday, April 30, 2012

Connecting the Dots

"Did you know the Queen of England was married two days ago?"  Dad said to me this morning.  Wow! Really!?

I pieced it together.  He and I are season ticket holders to the Auburn Symphony.  We attended the end-of-season concert yesterday afternoon.  The finale, with the Federal Way Chorale as special guests, was "I was Glad When They Said Unto Me" - - - also called the "Coronation Anthem".  It is a magnificent piece!  Sir Charles Hubert Hastings Parry wrote it for the coronation of Edward VII in 1902.  Apparently it has been played at all subsequent coronations at Westminster Abbey, AND as conductor, Stewart Kershaw brought to our attention,  it was the wedding processional for Kate Middleton and Prince William on 4/29/11 - - - exactly one year ago that day.

Dad's brain connected some of the dots. Royalty.  England.  Wedding.   And, I compulsively corrected him.  However, are the facts really that important to our casual conversation?  Must I set him straight? It's not as if he'll remember for next time! 


I think there's more joy in-between for both of us if I let it go!



2 comments:

  1. hands Free moments. I do have to say I did enjoy singing with him on speaker phone "Rain Drops are Falling on my head" How cool is that?
    Your profile Kirstin. Priceless-ly good writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you realize you have an archive? Connected dots of 3!!!! Suhweet!

    ReplyDelete